I came across this little beauty the other day and wanted to share the resolution with you, in my case it was the web service on the vCenter server had stopped.
Provisioning of a desktop pool fails, and you see one of the following error messages in the event database.
- Cannot log in to vCenter at address VC_Address
- The status of vCenter at address VC_Address is unknown
- The View Connection Server instance cannot connect to vCenter for one of the following reasons.
- The Web service on the vCenter Server has stopped.
- There are networking problems between the View Connection Server host and the vCenter Server.
- The port numbers and login details for vCenter or View Composer have changed.
- Verify that the Web service is running on the vCenter.
- Verify that there are no network problems between the View Connection Server host and the vCenter.
- In View Administrator, verify the port numbers and login details that are configured for vCenter and View Composer.